School has started for the 2013/14 school year. If you are on Facebook, you have seen a lot of mom’s posting the “I can’t believe it’s… Junior’s first year, her 7th grade year, his first year of High School,” or the “we are dropping Amy off at college” posts! They are everywhere. Then you have some that are, “I wish school had started 3 weeks ago” or the “I wish we could have 3 more weeks of summer” posts. The pendulum of thoughts and emotions are all over. Moms and Dads really can’t get over the fact that Johnny and Susie are growing up as fast as they are!
No matter what you feel, the bottom line is it’s our calling and duty to pray over our kids. No matter whether they are starting pre-school or have kids of their own that are starting college, WE HAVE TO PRAY FOR THEM!
I want to give you 7 Absolutes to Pray over your kids today. My Pastor in Memphis, Dr. Tom Lindberg (www.famemphis.net) authored these and has given me permission to repost them, preach them, and share them with you. Here are the…
7 Absolutes to Pray Over Your Children
- Pray for their Salvation – Acts. 2:38 & 39
- Pray for them to have Wisdom – Proverbs 4:1&2
- Pray for their Protection – Psalm 34:7
- Pray for their Right Mate (no matter how old they are!) – 1 Peter 3:7
- Pray for them to be Bold for Jesus – 1 Corinthians 16:13
- Pray for their Endurance (In Faith, Life, Calling, Relationship, In all They Do) James 1:3 & 4
- Pray for them to be Filled with God’s Spirit – Exodus 31:3
I have this posted by my computer in my office, and see them every day as a reminder to pray for my Isaiah, Isabella, and Ian. I urge you, mom and dad, grandmother and grandfather, youth leader and children’s leader––Pray for your children. Pray for your kids. Pray for your students! This is one investment that will not go south with the economy. It will never go unanswered or be a prayer that just bounces off the ceiling! The prayers for our children go straight to God. He hears them. He answers them; and mostly––He Loves our Children MORE THAN WE DO!