Monday of this week, I was at one of my favorite quiet places spending some time with Jesus! It is at a park…a river runs through it. It is a beautiful place!
As you can see there is a bridge that runs over the river at the place that I call home some mornings! If you look closely, you will see a big tree that floated down the river and got stuck on the bridge supports that stand in the river! Big bridge, big tree, average sized river!
A lot of things speak to me when I see this scene from the Cedar River.
- The river is the mightiest element in this scene. It can move the biggest of trees down through its current. It’s final destination––UNKNOWN! But the current of this river can move some big objects!
- This tree was stopped by a man-made object! Man put this bridge over the river as a convenience for traffic. Then the natural (God) way of life got hindered. Is the bridge bad? No way! If more trees come down the river and get caught, will that be bad? Yes.
- Even with the average size river that flows through my city, even though there is a big blockage, and even though man put a convenience in the middle of this beautiful God scene, the river still runs through!
I am thinking of 3 verses of life today…
- Prov. 4:23 (NIV) “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” Your heart is that river. Average or not, everything you do is important to the well-being of your life!
- John 10:10 (NIV) “10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” Don’t let the tree build up and destroy the life that God wants you to have!
- Psalm 42:7 (NIV) “Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me.” No matter what tree or man-made convenience has built up in your life, make sure that you hear the deep roar of His waterfall in your life!
By the way, did I mention that this river flows through the town I live in Cedar Falls! You should see some of the waves, rapids, and breakers that happen along the Cedar River––a beautiful picture of this verse!
My prayer for you today, let His River run through YOU!