Challenge! What a word! It denotes all sorts of ideas in our human emotions. There are physical, mental, social, business, athletic, ministry, spiritual, etc… challenges in our lives! Challenge here, however, is a noun…a thing, an event that can be overcome. With a little discipline, thinking, relationship building, saving, training, prayer, etc…this noun can be overcome by a verb!
Now please know that I am not trying to give anyone an English lesson today! I will leave that up to the teachers and professors in our schools and universities! But I do want to bring into focus an adjective in this post: the word CHALLENGED!
Webster defines this word as: having a physical or mental problem that makes it DIFFICULT to do things as easily as other people do.
Do you find yourself challenged today? Are you not just looking at a word in the dictionary, but something that actually describes who you are? Are you ready to go from challenged to OVERCOMER?
I want to give you 5 verses that will help you in that journey to being an OVERCOMER…
- 1 John 2:14 “I write to you, fathers, because you have known him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one.” – Let the Word of God live in you!
- 1 John 4:4 “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” – Let Jesus live in you!
- Isaiah 41:13 “For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” – Jesus will help you!
- Psalm 27:1 “The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid?” – Jesus is our stronghold!
- John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” – Jesus said, ‘I win!’
No matter where you find yourself today, go win! Go be the OVERCOMER!
OVERCOMER (WEBSTER) – : TO SUCCESSFULLY DEAL WITH OR GAIN CONTROL OF (SOMETHING difficult)!