Have you ever asked yourself the question, “What if?”
History has asked the question… just read certain accounts of President George Washington, General Dwight Eisenhower, President Abraham Lincoln, on and on. There have been so many moments in history that were “Almost History.”
(I strongly encourage you to check the book “Almost History” by Roger Bruns. Click link to see.) “Close Calls, Plan B’s, and twist of fate in America’s Past” A gripping read and some pretty powerful accounts of ALMOST!
As I read through this book, the question – “What if?” began to swim from end to end of my thoughts.
- What if I had never married Jen?
- What if I had never said yes to following Jesus Christ?
- What if the doctor’s report that said we would never have children, really was the truth?
- What if I had swerved left instead of right on Highway 73/75 and ran into the __________ instead of the ditch?
- What if I had shared the love of Jesus with the young man walking down the street in October of 1998?
- What if I had supported that Missionary, instead of buying some more baseball cards?
The “What Ifs” really can go on and on! As I have destined to live life with CHRIST’S PURPOSE in 2016, I realize this decision will take away the “BAD” “What Ifs!” It will keep me lined up with what God has in store for my life!
In the movie “Bucket List,” starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, there is a powerful scene about ‘Faith and God’ (Click the link to view.)
Carter tells Edward that “Maybe your head is in the way?”
Edward responds, that “We live and we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round.”
Carter tells Edward, “What if you’re wrong?”
Edward, ‘Do you know something I don’t.”
Carter, “Nah, I just have faith.”
Hebrews 11:1, says this – “FAITH is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.”
- What if we lived by Faith and not by what we see with our natural eyes?
- What if believed that God wants to use us to change the world?
- What if we really decided that God is who He says He is?
- What if God really did what He said He would do through us?
The answer to that ‘What If’ – would absolutely change our heart and souls! WE would be different! We would be living for Purpose for sure – God’s Purpose!